This Halloween weekend my parents will be traveling back to Georgia for my mom’s last round of chemo. Then three weeks later, she will start a new chemo pill. For the past week or so, I have been having mayor anxiety about her last round of chemotherapy and transitioning to this new pill. What if it doesn’t work and her body doesn’t accept it? I have some more “intense” feelings, which I’ll post about later, but I wanted to make this one simple, fun and seasonal due to sharing this time with my cam man.
And what better way to share a fun, kid friendly recipe as the Halloween weekend approaches. After all, my mother isn’t my only child to worry about!
Cam man is in the fifth grade and is attending his last year of elementary school, which means no more baby treats *sigh. I remember being little and enjoying all the holiday treats that my mom made getting to add in a specific ingredient and mixing it all together! However, with my traumatizing cooking experiences, (still love baking) I’m sharing a super easy, last minute treat today.
I decided to incorporate my own mixtures and I encourage you to do the same.
***Be cautious of nut allergies when distributing.
What you will need:
• One bag of Oreo Cookies
• One bag of candy corn
• One bag of mix trail mix
• 2 cups of Pretzels
• One bag of White Vanilla Melts
• Handful of Vanilla Wafers
• Lay out parchment-lined pan.
• Melt milk or dark chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in intervals of 30 seconds on high, stirring frequently.
• Top with your choice of broken-up candy, pretzels, and sprinkles.
• Use a fork to splatter white chocolate on top of the bark.
• Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before breaking up with a large knife and serving.
I did not wait a few hours before breaking up bark. Just Say’n
Easy. Sweet. Salty. Yummy. Perfect to send to school and perfect to send to your girlfriends!! Wink, Wink