10 Facts Sacred heart Retreat House and Visitation Monastery

Sacred heart Retreat House and Visitation Monastery began in 1832 when Bishop Michael Portier invited five Visitation Sisters from Georgetown, D.C. to pioneer the formation of a convent and school for girls. Twenty-seven acres of land was deeded to them, along with a five-room cottage known as the de Angelis house. By 1834, the number […]

Read More