It seems each year, when spring rolls around we get the itch to clean out our closets. Here are some tips on storing the keepers and bring a sense of order to your wardrobe by following a few of these simple rules.
- Invest in good hangers! Your clothes will look less distressed and less time for ironing.
- Hang clothes/outfits that go together on one hanger. This will quickly eliminate time for busy morning.
- Organize by sections. I have my closet by seasons and then by colors.
- Don’t forget to weed out anything you haven’t worn recently.
Here are a few more tips to ask yourself…
- Do I love it?
- Do I wear it?
- Does it portray the image I want?
- Does it irritate my skin? Itch? Scratch?
- Is it comfortable?
- When did I last wear it?
- And most importantly, did I get my money worth?!
If tee shirts are damaged, use them as car rags or dish towels. I use mine for the car.
I’m looking forward to weeding out my closet soon and re-organizing in a way that makes sense. I hope you can take some of these tips and apply them to your spring cleaning as well. Remember the items that truly bring you joy and aren’t just “stuff”.
Outfit Details: Blue Jean Jacket – American Eagle | White Blouse – Mimosa | Leggings – Michael Khors | Peep Toe Fringe Wedges – Vince Camuto | BackPack – Michael Khors | Statement Necklace – BP | Lipstick – MAC Mystery Loves Men